This chapter will guide you step by step through the heat measurement of a spot during a period of time.
1. Start the software by clicking on the icon on your desktop.
2. After a few seconds, this dialog box will show.
3. Click on Yes to reset the Scanner to its starting position at coordinates X0 Y0 Z10.
4. Position and calibrate the IR-probe according to the procedure in “Positional calibration of the IR-probe”.
5. Click on the Meas. Heat/Time tab.
6. Enter the desired coordinates into Scanner Position (mm) box, and click on the Go button to move the Scanner and aim the IR-probe towards the spot to be measured.
7. Verify the position of the IR-probe by pressing the LASER ON button on top of the IR-probe. (The laser will light for approximately 15 seconds.)
8. In Measurement Preferences enter the total measuring time in the Time box.
9. In Measurement Preferences enter the interval desired between the individual measurements in the Interval box.
10. In the Active Layer box, select a colored layer.
11. Start the measurement by clicking on the Start button.
12. When the measurement is finished you can click on the Save button to save the measurement as a .HOT file.
(Saving is optional but you will find it useful when you want to repeat a measurement and compare the results.